Friday, May 2, 2008

More to Learn...

This week I watched the night side producer produce the nine P.M. newscast. He showed me that he looks for national and state stories and then fills in the local stories. He also showed me how the Ross command video system works. I also watched director, Ian make some CG's and OTS graphics etc. I tried making them and was able to make one for the newscast. This week I mainly watched different reporters and photographers edit pkgs, VOSOT's etc. They went pretty fast, but it was good to know the shortcuts and basic editing process. I also went with Pedro at the forum DNC convention. I asked a couple questions too for an interview. The next day, I went with promotions/commercial production, I watched them shoot a commercial, how they do the lighting and a little bit of how the camera works. I then watched them put the footage in Avid. I also got to pick the music for the commercial. Ok. That's all.

2 comments:

The Strawdermans! said...

We are impressed Hill!! Sounds like you are learning a lot - but almost like a foreign language to us! Translation please!! Is it possible to somehow record what you do so we can see it sometime?

Mily said...

It sounds like you are very busy while you are at work. Lighting sounds cool...I'd like to see that.