Sunday, October 11, 2009

Testimony


Hi
So today was fast sunday, so that meant testimony meeting. So I felt it would be appropriate to share my testimony today.

On October 5th, I went to my first live conference session in Salt Lake City with my sister, Beckie. The talks were very good. I especially liked President Monson's talk on service and Elder Holland's passionate talk on the Book of Mormon. As I was listening to
the apostles and prophet speak, I was thinking, how can THE CHURCH NOT BE TRUE? Seriously, their testimonies of the gospel, the firm and unmoving faith they have for these church principles makes me have a firmer testimony that these are truly men of God. They are not fakes. They are men who are trying to be better everyday.
I want to specifically bear my testimony about the prophet and apostles and general authorities. I know that they have been called of God and are here to strengthen and guide the members of the church.
I also want to express my gratitude for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love and sacrifice. I know that the Book of Mormon is a sacred word of God. Thank you. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

3 comments:

The Strawdermans! said...

AMEN!! It is truly a miracle, isn't it? And isn't it wonderful that we can live in this time when the gospel has been restored?! Life is GOOD!!

Mily said...

You're lucky you got to go! I'm glad you enjoyed the talks. They were wonderful!

beckie. said...

hehehe this sounds very familiar :) I am glad that we got to go together!