Thursday, October 15, 2009

Being Crafty

I
So those of you who know me pretty much can say I don't do crafts. I don't sew, paint, or scrapbook things. Unlike my oldest sister who is the craft queen, I prefer putting pictures, video, and memories to a DVD rather than making it into a cute scrapbook.
But today, Beckie and I went to Wal-mart and decided to make something. So we bought wooden letters- for me An H for Hillary We also bought paints and brushes. Then we went home and painted them black and also put this glossy spray paint to
make the letters look smoother. It was a rather simple project
, but a craft nonetheless.













II
Quite a few weeks ago, I found an old 2008 calender sitting in a box. I knew I couldn't use it for its original purpose, so I decided to recycle some of the pictures. The pictures were very professional and beautiful. So I cut them out and got a frame and now they are hanging up. Wall art at a very low price!
Here is my finished product.

3 comments:

The Strawdermans! said...

We like it!!! Good job, Hill!

Mily said...

Good job hill! You're on your way to being a craft princess! I like your H. And what a good idea recycling your calendar!

beckie. said...

It was pretty fun... esp after huffing all that paint. mmm... KIDDING, we will have many more projects, Em you are an inspiration to all... haha