Monday, April 18, 2011

trash...








So last week, I bought a trash can. But it was one of those nice ones, that cost maybe 30-40 dollars in the store, the metal ones with the flip top. But I got it on sale, as a "as is" item for 5 dollars.

And guess what, it broke. A little plastic piece that holds another piece down, which would cause the trash can lid to flip open, broke off. So I tried temporary measures like scotch tape and super glue. The super glue was a disaster. I put a lot on and it did absolutely nothing. It just got all over my fingertips which feels like dried paint and that's an awful feeling. It took a couple days to come off. So I decided to use those 3m wall hangers and some packing tape to do the job. Is this repair job super ghetto or resourceful? I think it is both.

This is one of my less than intelligent posts.

2 comments:

The Strawdermans! said...

Fascinating.....and what have we learned from this experience? :) 'Cheap is rarely a bargain'!! You crack me up, Hill...

beckie. said...

yeah i revoke my hand in the whole "you should blog about this with lots of pictures!" idea.