Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Graduation and Newel K. Whitney Breakfast






So the day has finally come! I graduated at BYU-Idaho with a Bachelors of Science in Communications with an emphasis in broadcasting. Mom and Dad were able to come. They helped me move and were able to come to commencement and convocation. Commencement was very good. The speakers did an excellent job. They gave inspirational talks about preparing for the future, having hope, building your lifelong resume etc. President Clark also spoke. It was amazing that Mom and Dad were seriously sitting very close to me. If I looked straight to my right they were there. It was perfect seating! Convocation was good. They gave us an alumni pin and diploma cover to each graduate. They went through the names really fast. In about fifteen minutes, they read aloud over two hundred names. We took lots of pictures before and after.

Newel K. Whitney Award Ceremony 
One day, I got a letter in the mail saying I won a Newel K. W
hitney Award. I was surprised and honored. I didn't even know about this award. On Friday, July 17th 2009, the
 recipients received a very nice clock and a teacher would introduce the recipient. Brother Weekes introduced me and talked about me being  optimistic and other stuff. All the communication faculty were there. It was really goo
d.